10 Websites with Beautiful Carousels

Carousels and sliders are quite popular now-a-days. I’ve run into beautiful ones and some not so beautiful ones. Well today, I’d like to focus on some of the great ones. That being said, I’ve made just a short list of 10 of some of the most beautiful carousels I’ve seen on the web. If you know of any other great ones, be sure to share them in the comments!

1. Newsberry

9. Goplan

Goplan

10. Mark Dearman

Mark Dearman

18 thoughts on “10 Websites with Beautiful Carousels

• August 30, 2009 at 4:14 pm

Awesome examples. I’m needing to build a carousel here very soon for a client project, and this has been a great source of inspiration. Thank you!

• August 30, 2009 at 5:50 pm

I love carousel’s! I think they do a great job of displaying info. I also like the one you have on this site. Thanks for the great round-up.

• August 30, 2009 at 6:14 pm

@Kayla: good luck on that client project!

@Tim: thanks I appreciate it! I love me some carousel’s as well.

• August 30, 2009 at 10:14 pm

fwiw, i block carousels, marquees, scrolling text, gifs, flash, js, and any other movement on pages i visit. if i can’t block this garbage then i block the domain so that i never accidently re-visit. sorry, i do not like movement on webpages.

• August 30, 2009 at 11:27 pm

@sofie: Sorry to hear that… However that’s the way the web is moving and I do suggest you get on board. Websites that know how to use these elements correctly within their sites can manage content much better!

• August 31, 2009 at 6:33 pm

Those sites really do look good. Maybe I should implement a carousel on my site…now another project to try to build. LOL. Thanks for this compilation.

• August 31, 2009 at 9:14 pm

@Nicholas: Some tutorials make it so easy to implement carousel’s now-a-days. Customization is what’s always a pain. Customizing the one on The Designed’s home page was a little time consuming.

• September 1, 2009 at 12:26 am

I’d like to suggest two more: http://www.grahammcdonnell.co.uk and http://www.nclud.com .

Grahammcdonnell’s offers an auto-advance with the ability to manually go forward (or back) one slide at a time. The auto-advance will automatically resume after manual interface.

In Nclud’s there is an auto advance for the four tabs — in this case, clients. For each tab three screen grabs appear. While the left-most screen grab is the largest by default, mouseover any one of the three and its size enlarges to indicate an active link. One can manually manually navigate by clicking on any tab. The auto-advance resumes.

That the items in Nclud’s carousel are active links coupled with vertical tabs present a similar solution to the navigation presented in MetaLab Design’s.

It’s often a design decision to choose between a carousel and a slide show. One of the primary differences between any of the carousel solutions presented and a slide show is that none of the carousels offer either a pause (if they do have an auto-advance feature) nor do any offer thumbnail previews.

• October 12, 2009 at 4:15 pm

I implemented a carousel as well on my blog but just recently found out it was not working in Safari. I’m using the jcarousel, so anybody got a working suggestion 🙂 ?

• September 30, 2010 at 11:09 am

Hello,
    Does anyone have any recommendations for carousels that work with wordpress?

Best,
    Thara

• February 8, 2012 at 4:01 am

Hi,
    I checked the websites above and I found some interesting components. However, the links for #1, #2 and #6 don’t work. Another source of free components is http://www.flashxml.net. Their products are very customizable because are based on xml files, and it’s easy to change a setting in a xml file instead to modify the source code.

• April 22, 2016 at 12:23 am

Celebrated by many style conscious and trend-savvy shoppers, cheapjordansmens.com has quickly become the source of the latest sport fashions at the greatest value. cheapjordansmens.com is growing quickly, featuring new and exciting store environments, a constant flow of fun and creative Nike shoes designs and the accessories to make your look come together at the right price. As a on-line shopping mall of Nike , cheapjordansmens.com is always the right place for you to find the latest and finest products at affordable prices. We provide shoppers with an unprecedented selection of today’s fashions, always changing and always in style.